Monday, March 14, 2011

LONG WEEKEND ACTIVITIES

On Saturday, the girls and I took a drive to Ceres to have a look at the Geelong Textile Exhibition. Well worth a trip if you are looking for something to do on a weekend. It is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10.00a.m. till 4.00p.m. Everything from beautiful smoked dresses to collages with fabric and other textile mediums, jewellery, bags, childrens clothing

knitting and felting, china painting and ceramics. All they ask is a gold coin donation and it is well worth a look and a lovely drive. It is at the Scarecrow Gallery in Wheatsheaf Street, Ceres. We had a yummy lunch at the Winchelsea Larder on the way home.

This was a gorgeous sunset I captured on an evening walk last night. I don't know, it is so relaxing when you are out walking and there is a sunset happening before your eyes.

I also started a quilt that I have had as an order for a little while now. The client wants lots of animals on it, so I have the strips done, and this is them laid out on the bed so that I could measure them to get the sashing cut to go through the quilt.

I also got to finish "Maria's Challenge Quilt" novel by Margaret A. Rowe. Well worth a read, and if you haven't heard of them, Margaret is now working on her 4th novel. Check them out on her blog: margaretarowe.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment