Monday, April 25, 2011

A BUSY WEEK

Where has April gone, it is almost over. I hope you have all enjoyed your Easter/Anzac break.
Yesterday morning was a very foggy morning for the early morning services for Anzac day, although this photo was taken around 9 am when there was still a very heavy fog around. It did clear to be a beautiful day though, and guess what, I was stuck inside stripping wallpaper off a bedroom wall. What an awful job. I have never done it before, and I hope I don't have to do it again, even though I know that wallpaper is the new trend (just like it was 30 years ago!).


The thing that amazes me on foggy mornings is that the spiders have been out at work over night, check out my cloths line.And if you look hard enough in this photo (try clicking on it to enlarge it) you will see a spider web hanging between two trees. Simply amazing!





Saturday, after having my studio open for a couple hours (as part of the Birregurra/Beeac Studio opening weekend), I went for a quick drive down to Lorne to have a look at their Patchwork Exhibition. These girls amaze me, there is no more than a dozen girls in the group and they put on a small but lovely display. So many new quilts every year. And a different theme each year. This year was the third exhibition that I have been to, and I hope to be able to see many more.

Last Thursday night I was busy making these flower brooches for the Beeac Children Hospital Appeal Family Fun Day. There were so many activities and stalls, it was a great day. Beeac is a small country town with a population of around 300 and they managed to raise in excess of $16,000. A great effort by all who organised the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment