Tuesday, August 30, 2011

NEXT PLEASE........................

Now that the green version of "Simply Red" has been posted off to Danielle at Creating Country Threads, it is time to get the next quilt out for quilting. Yes, I am going to hand quilt this one too. Anyone would think that I had nothing better to do!!! Ha ha!



I bought the fabric to make this quilt for our son Toby for his 18th birthday, and guess what it didn't happen, the fabric stayed in the stash. Well last year he turned 21 and so I got the fabric out and decided that I woud make it for his 21st, which I did (well the quilt top anyway). I got it ready for quilting, and that is where it has stayed for the last 12 months.








Well Toby turned 22 in the middle of this month, and I have now got back to quilting the quilt. I decided that I would hand quilt it on the main highways and byways -- i.e. the white lines that are printed on the fabric. I didn't want to quilt over the top of the cars, which I would have if I machine quilted it. So, Toby will definately have this quilt by the time he is 23.
Hmmmmmmm ---- maybe I could give it to him for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment