Sunday, August 21, 2011

QUICK TRIP AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND


Early on Saturday morning, I left home to head up to Wagga Wagga to visit my Dad who lives up there. It was also a good opportunity to catch up with my sister Dianne and her husband Robert (who live in Port Macquarie and had come to Wagga for a visit too) before they head off to America for a lovely 5 week holiday.


It was Dianne's birthday on Friday and so I made this journal and took up to give her. I just love this paper with the pears on, and this is the first time I have had a play with colouring chip board.




On Sunday lunch time I left to head back home again. I didn't mind the trip on my own at all, even though it is a long drive, a stop every couple of hours makes it go quicker, and it is time out from the every day routine of family and farm life.


By the time I got to the ring road at Geelong, I could see a beautiful sunset starting to happen, and of course once I got onto the Princes Highway, and a few more minutes had passed I was able to enjoy driving into this magnificent sunset. Lucky I had my camera and I could pull over and take a photo


By the time I was getting to Winchelsea, the sunset was getting lower, and the colour in the clouds was just magnificent, so I just had to pull over and take another snap.


By the time I got home, it was well and truely dark, but driving the last hour of the seven hour journey was a pleasure as I admired the lovely sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment