Saturday, September 24, 2011

THE DAY THAT WAS................

Well, today was the day that we have been anxiously waiting -- the first ever "Stitching In Spring In Simpson", and what a wonderful day it was, even though I only got there for half a day. Linda from Gumvalley Patchwork did an amazing job of organizing the day. She was so busy leading up to the day making all 70 ladies one of these lovely little goodie bags which had chocolates from G.O.R.G.E. Chocolates & fabric in them. Then there was another bag with the 5 patterns in it a lovely button and even thread and fabric with the patterns. Amazing. There is a link to Linda's blog in my blog list, check out here amazing goodies.









By the time I got there everyone had had their lunch, and kindly plated up for me as well so that I could sit and enjoy my lunch, and they were busy back to the stitching.





We each received five patterns, and we could decide which one we worked on for the day. After having my lunch and unwinding for a little, and enjoying a chat with the girls, I decided it was time to get something out and get on with it, so I decided to trace off this cute little stitchery by Gail Pan and make a start on the stitching. Once it is completed, it will make a lovely little pincushion. We also have patterns designed by the lovely Lenora Jenkins and it was so nice to meet her for the first time. There is also a link on my blog list to Gail Pan Designs and Lenora Jenkins Designs, so make sure you have a look at their lovely creations too. It was also a pleasure to meet Lorraine of Granny Loz, so check out her link too and see what she is up to.




When I got home I had to take our daughter into Colac to go to an 18th birthday party, so hubby and I went and had a lovely meal at the Beeac Pub. Once we got home from the Beeac Pub, I still had a wait to go back into Colac and pick up our daughter, so whilst I was waiting to go back in an pick her up, I completed these pansy gift cards for an order for my friend Denise, who lives in Wagga Wagga. They will be in the post on Monday Denise, hope you like them.

1 comment:

  1. By all accounts the Simpson Day was a huge success, so many interesting things to " ave a go at " . enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete