Friday, April 20, 2012

ALMOST THERE...................

and it's been a long road. I bought the fabric for this quilt to make for our eldest, Toby, for his 18th birthday. And guess what, the fabric stayed in the cupboard until he was almost 21, when I got it out and made the top up for his 21st birthday. There is stayed for some time, all put together ready to quilt. Toby will be 23 in August, so I don't think I have done too badly to have put the last quilting stitch in it last night.



I am now ready to put the binding on, and our youngest turns 18 today, and is having some girlfriends out for a bbq tonight, so whilst I am sitting up waiting for them to be ready for bed, I think I might be lucky enough to machine the binding on, so that it is ready to be handstitched down.





Toby will be home from Mildura this week, as he graduates from uni -- journalism. (He is working for the Sunraysia Daily in Mildura), so I am going to have the quilt ready for him to take back with him this trip.



Appropriate name: "Long Road", don't you think!!!! Can you imagine the label on the quilt to tell the story.



Oh, and I forgot to say, that when I was making the quilt, I did the binding at the same time, and guess what, I cannot find it. So, yes I have to make another one. Someday when I do find the binding that belongs to this quilt, I will be able to use it on another quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment