Thursday, June 17, 2010

STITCHING IN THE MOUNTAINS

This weekend I am off to Halls Gap for Stitching In the Mountains. A weekend of stitching without interuption, not having to worry about what to cook for the family and a weekend of relaxation. Yes, it will be cold, but I am told that it is nice and cosy in the room where we stitch.
We have to take a gift to swap, and I have made this Gordy Pear Pincushion. It is designed by the lovely ladies at "The Quilted Crow" in Hobart. This is the first one I have made in fabric, the others have been made in gorgous Wool Felt that the girls at "The Quilted Crow" sell. Gee, I hope whoever gets it likes it.
Last time I went on a stitching weekend, I did not sew a stitch until the Saturday night. Instead, I went shopping with a fellow stitcher, who was sitting next to me at a table, and I hadn't met her before. It was fun, I helped her spend $500 of her hard earned money on clothing. Lucky there are not a lot of shops at Halls Gap.
Before I go, I have to make a vest for my son to wear to a Fancy Dress Party on Saturday night. He is going as Woody from Toy Story, and yes, I have the cow print fabric to make it in. Last night I finished making a Snow White outfit for someone to wear. Hope they all have fun.
Anyway, I will update you next week and let you know how it all went. I have lots of projects to take with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment