Tuesday, May 10, 2011

PAST TIMES....................

Some years ago, a friend of mine purchased this kit for me. It is called "Past Times" and is designed by Lynne Wilson from Threads of Time in Bowral. Infact I rang Helen this morning and told her that I had finally made this quilt top up, and I stated that it has probably been in the cupboard for about 5 years. (The funny thing is, Helen cannot remember buying it for me, but she did.) She tells me this morning that it would be at least that long, as I remember she bought it for me when a member of her family was unwell and that is coming up 7 years ago. My how time flies.





Anyway, what prompted me to get this quilt top made, was one of my beginners, well she was a beginner in August last year when she came to my beginners class and made her first quilt, but has now made, well I don't know how many quilts, I have lost count, came along to my sit and sew classes one night with the same quilt in a kit, but different colour ways.

Here is Julie's quilt in totally different colours and my, how different they look. The challenge for me was to get my quilt top made so that I could take it and show the girls how different the same quilt can look made up in different fabrics. I am sure that Julie's will actually be finished before mine, as she will have hers professionally quilted, and I will be quilting my own. So, when I get that done I will post a photo of it quilted.


This is the second pattern that Julie has made up that I have had the pattern in the cupboard for some time. The other pattern has only been in the cupboard for about four years I think, and it is only a pattern, not a kit, so I will have to get that one out too and get into my stash and find some fabrics and get it made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment