Saturday, May 28, 2011

THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN....

One of the things I love about Autumn is the beautiful shades of those Autumn turning leaves.
This tree is in our front yard, and I could not resist taking a photo of it the other day. With Tuesday being the last day of Autumn, the trees will be having a little rest ready to produce those fresh leaves for next Autumn.

The other thing I love about Autumn is that the weather is turning a bit cooler and it is great to be able to sit infront of the fire with a quilt on your lap, weather it be one that is being quilted or one that has been completed and is just there to help keep the "old" knees warm.

Yesterday I vertured on down to Camperdown to the Clock Tower Quilteres Sit and Sew Day. It was a great day, with lots of lovely ladies sitting and stitching. The day raised funds for Cancer, which is a great cause that we don't mind giving to, especially when we can sit and stitch.

I took along a little dress that I am smocking at the moment. I will post a photo when it is complete. There were ladies knitting, quilting, stitching, and just chatting. Some of my girls from classes came along, and it was their first experience of a Sit and Sew days, and they cannot wait for the next one. They had such a great time.

I was also lucky enough to win a lovely basket of goodies, but sadly we broke into it before I could get a photo of it to put on here, but it had a lovely scarf, hand cream, choc coated lollies (yum that is whey we broke into it) fabric, cards and a couple of other lovely goodies, and all packed in a beautiful basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment