Monday, October 10, 2011

THERE IS SOMETHING A LITTLE FISHY HAPPENING....

My niece asked me ages ago if I would do a baby blanket for her to give to a friend of hers as a gift when her baby arrives. Well, I thought about it for a long time, and wasn't really sure what I would do. As I am heading up to visit them all in a few weeks I thought I should get myself organised, and the baby this blanket is for is due in a couple of weeks time apparently.


Going through my stash, I came across this fabric, that I thought was perfect for reeds, and I have appliqued them with fly stitch, which adds to the effect. Then I found a piece of fabric with all of these fish on it, so finally it is all falling into place. I am going to applique some more reeds tonight, then I think I will do all of the fish by hand applique. There are more fish to go on yet. I also have fabric with shells on that will go a the bottom of the reeds.

Finally it is coming along nicely I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment