Saturday, December 17, 2011

THE BOX HAS ARRIVED....

This is what came in the mail for me on Wednesday morning. I was so excited, I ripped the paper open, and then realised that I had forgotten to take a photo so I placed it all nicely back together again so I could take this photo. Then I got into it.





You may remember reading a post back in July, when I went to Geelong to catch up with my
Kindred Spirit Rachel and her family.



Well, this is the box that has arrived this year for me. I very quickly went through it on Wednesday, as it was a busy day, then after everyone had gone to bed and after the fruit cakes were cooked, and the plum puddings were still boiling away, I sat and quietly went through it again. Then I had to head up to NSW for a couple of days, so I am going to go through it again bit by bit, and as I do I will share some of the goodies with you.



The tradition is that my box stays as is until New Year's day, then I completely unpack it and put things where they belong. Rachel unpacks hers right away, but I enjoy sitting and looking at all the goodies over and over again, and I have a few girlfriends who like to come and look too. I have to watch them very closely though to make sure nothing disappears out of the box. They all wait with anticipation too for the box to arrive every year.



Over the next week, I will share my tradition with you by posting photos to so you can see how spoilt I am -- but I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment