Saturday, December 17, 2011

CREATING COUNTRY THREADS VOL. 12 NO. 7

Once again I have been having trouble uploading photos onto my blog, but today must be my lucky day because I am able to manage to get them on.



This is the front cover of Creating Country Threads - Vol 12 No 7 and you will find it on your newsagent shelf now.




In it, you will find my quilt that I first made up in a black and red combination and called "Simply Red". I then made this one and hand quilted the entire quilt with a lovely varigated signature thread. I enjoyed the hand quilting process, and am extremely pleased with how it came up. I used a Keryn Emmerson design and I traced it onto some Tear-Away quilting paper that is available through Pauline Rogers of Quilters World. You can get onto their websites and order online.


If you want to have a look at my quilt in the black and red combination, then go into my Quilt Patterns page and you will find it there.


There is also a story in the same magazine about the Wagga Wagga Embroiders Guild, which my mum belonged to for many years, so it was lovely to read all about what they are up too now.

No comments:

Post a Comment