Friday, January 7, 2011

AND NOW I AM HAND QUILTING

Before I tell you about my quilting for the day, I just have to add another sunset photo I took tonight. It is quite warm outside, not that lovely cool breeze that we normally get. So, I was still KIND TO MYSELF and went for a 2km walk instead of a 3, 4 or 5kms. I figure a short walk is better than no walk.
Now, for the quilting. I got back on the machine today and quilted another block and a half, and decided I didn't like the quilting. I love the colour that I am using, but it is just too heavy on the cream, plus it shows up every little imperfect stitch, not that there are too many of them. lol.
So, I have decided to unpick the machine quilting that I have done and do it with hand quilting, which I am liking a whole lot better. I am just annoyed that I did not try the machine quilting earlier and then I would have been well and truely on with the hand quilting. Nevermind, every moment I have for the next few days I will be sitting with the fan infront of me, if it stays hot, and quilting. Wish me luck, I am on a timeline here.


1 comment:

  1. I love hand quilting too, I only wish I could do it as fast as the machine.

    ReplyDelete