Tuesday, January 25, 2011

AUSTRALIA DAY


Well, today being Australia Day, I thought I would share with you some of the traditions that we have every year. For quite a few years now, I have been making these Australia shaped biscuits. They always seem to be a hit. We always have pav for dessert, which we are having tonight as well, We usually have a BBQ for our evening meal, but as I have fed an extra eight to ten people the last two nights and we have had BBQ, tonight I thought I would make meat pies. (I am only doing dinner for 15 tonight.) I will make some little egg in toast bakes for the kids too. (The big kids can have them too if they want.) I am going to make some damper as well, so I had better get going and get into it.


But before I rush off and start on the dinner, I will tell you about our day. We have enjoyed a lovely day in Lorne with my sister Dianne, her hubby Robert, their daughter Erin and their grandchildren Will, Abbey and Ella. Also, by dad Gordon and his friend Norma and my two beautiful daughters Gillian and Eleanor. Gillian's friend Jesse dropped in to say hello too. I bought my hubby Patrick home some yummy treats, like raspberry dessert topping and passionfruit dessert topping (I thought I might like that one too) and some humbugs and some yummy fudges. Lucky I don't get to Lorne very often otherwise I would spend way too much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment