Saturday, January 1, 2011

WELCOME TO 2011

Welcome top 2011. I am not sure what happened to 2010, but it is gone, and I hope that 2011 does not fly by so quickly. Have you made any New Years Resolutions. I haven't really, because usually by the end of the first week they are forgotten. I have made myself a promise though, and that is to 'BE KIND TO MYSELF". I am not sure how long that will last, but I will try and remind myself every morning when I get out of bed. The other thing that I decided that I might do this year, is to take a photo every day of something. Not sure why I decided to do that, but I will see how I go with that one too. Today I took a photo of the fabric that I am going to make my next quilt out of. It is just a sneek peek. Usually I have trouble giving my quilts a name but this one I have already decided that I am going to call it "Square Dance", without giving too much away.


We had a very quiet night here at home last night, and today I took down all the Christmas decorations and packed them away until the 1st December 2011.

Then I got the cleaning bug and made a start in cleaning our back verandah. After all of that and a bite for lunch I went into Colac and fed a friends poodles and watered some of their garden, then went and had a lovely coffee with my dear friend Heather, who is part of our family. I always say that she is my sister that I don't have here. I have two sisters, one lives in Port Macquarie and the other lives in Wagga Wagga, so Heather is my adopted sister who lives here. Then it was off to work at Corangamarah.

Well, if I am going to stick to what I say, and that is "BE KIND TO MYSELF", I think it is time to head off to bed. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment